Sunday, January 27, 2013

Before we start...

Some starting statistics! We'll update once a month.

Sarah:
Weight - 195 lbs.
Waist - 42 in.

Simon:
Weight - 314 lbs.
Waist - 50 in.

Throughout our blog journey, keep in mind that we won't be 100% strict paleo. We're going to have to make some compromises to stick to it as best we can. For the most part, we'll be as paleo as possible.

We went to BJ's yesterday and bought a lot of bulk basics like olive oil, eggs (for Simon; I have an egg sensitivity), avocados, nuts, meats, seafood, etc. Including our toilet paper and other personal items, the total was $243 (I'd say $200-ish was food). Then I placed a grocery order to be delivered tomorrow, with produce, more meat, and coconut milk. That totaled $100. Lastly, we went to Whole Foods today for coconut flakes, coconut oil (virgin and regular), and almond flour, none of which my regular supermarket had. That was about $30. I'm calling our initial investment about $325. I'll continue to update how much it costs us (I'm sure it will go down as we stock up on staples) and try to compare it to what our usual monthly grocery spending was.

We had a little binge this weekend. Pancakes yesterday; pizza, beer (for me; Simon doesn't drink), and cake at a birthday party today. I know it's not a fabulous idea, but we love food, especially bread and cheese, and we just needed one more taste of our favorites before they go away for a long, long time. I cleaned out the fridge yesterday, tossing lots of non-paleo food, and cleaned out the cabinets of nonperishable non-paleo food to donate. I had cans and cans of corn, peas, and beans. Oops. And creamy soups. Did you know "healthy choice" tomato soup has soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, and wheat flour? I didn't! Now I do. No wonder people go paleo. The crap we're not supposed to eat is EVERYWHERE. Our systems must be full of it.

So. Here we go. Wish us luck.




1 comment:

  1. So excited for you two to take this journey. ((hugs))!!!

    ReplyDelete